Marijuana is the most commonly used legal drug in the Netherlands. In 2009 there was a study about the use of alcohol and drugs among the general population. 4.2% of the population between 15 and 64 or 466,000 people smoked the drug in the last month. 1.3% of the population used or 141,000 people (almost) daily.
What is marijuana?
Marijuana is a softdrug, legal by law in the Netherlands and the common name for dried flowers, seeds and leaves of the Indian hemp plant. The drug is also well known under many other names, such as: weed, bhang, ganja, grass, hemp, dagga, dope, home grown, astro turf, Mary Jane, pot, reefer, roach and Texas tea.
Another related form of Marijuana is called Hasish, again originating from the Indian hemp plant and made from the resins. People should be aware that hash is almost six times stronger. Sometimes hash is called, chocolate or shit.The different drugs that come from Indian hemp, including hashish and marijuana are known as cannabis as well. It doens’t matter which name the drug has, it has the same effect, both drugs are a hallucinogen.
Want to buy Cannabis seeds? Go to MarijuanaSeedBreeders.com for quality Cannabis seeds directly from the breeder!
Quick Facts about marijuana
- More than twenty-six percent of Dutch adults report that they have used the drug.
- Marijuana has a very long history of traditional uses and has been consumed by humans for thousands of years throughout Africa, Asia, Europe, North and South America.
- There are more than 70 cannabinoids (compounds), in the leaves and flowers of a hemp plant.
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is psychoactive, is the most commonly known of these cannabinoids. In marijuana there are highly therapeutic cannabinoids, numerous non-psychoactive cannabinoids as well.
- The drug can make paranoid so that you can find yourself in a terrible place where no one wants to be in.
- It is possible that you wake up in the morning and start using marijuana and keep using throughout the day.
- To much marijuana can cause a heroin addiction so that you need one or several treatments for drug addiction.
- Marijuana is normally smoked as a joint(cigarette), but in a pipe(also waterpipe) you can smoke it as well.
- An increased heart rate is an immediate effect.
- Marijuana causes the lost of your balance and coordination.